Drencova Fortress

Drencova Fortress

adminadmin March 25, 2020 Trips

The fortress of Dranko in the erstwhile village of Drencova was located in the banks of the Danube. It was probably built around 1419. Between 1429-35 it was the property of the order of the German knights, and from 1457 of the Iancu de Hunedoara family. Being a border fortress was attacked several

Rock sculpture of Decebalus

Rock sculpture of Decebalus

adminadmin March 25, 2020 Trips

The rock sculpture of Decebalus (Romanian: Chipul regelui dac Decebal) is a 42.9 m (141 ft) in height and 31.6 m (104 ft) in width carving in rock of the face of Decebalus (r. AD 87–106), the last king of Dacia, who fought against the Roman emperors Domitian and Trajan to

Mraconia Monastery

Mraconia Monastery

adminadmin March 25, 2020 Trips

Attested in documents since 1453, Mraconia Monastery is destroyed during the Russian-Austrian-Turkish War (1787-1792), rebuilt and demolished again in 1968. Its name is given from the Mracuna brook which means black water. Nowadays, on the Danube’s shore, was built a modern monastery which is

Danube Boilers

Danube Boilers

adminadmin March 25, 2020 Trips

The Danube Boilers are made up of a Large and a Small Boilers, these represent a narrow sector of the Danube Canyon.In this area, Danube crosses the narrowest (230 m) and the grandest area of the Danube Canyon, Boilers Danube, having a  9 km lenght.The Danube is bordered by vertical walls and

Monastery of Santa Ana from Orsova

Monastery of Santa Ana from Orsova

adminadmin January 4, 2020 Trips

Monastery of Santa Ana is located on the hilltop Santa, which dominates the city Orsova. This monastery has a special history, being founded by the famous journalist Pamfil Seicaru, who fought in Orsova as a young second lieutenant of Infantry 17th Regiment in First World War. In 1916, this

The medieval fortress of Severin

The medieval fortress of Severin

adminadmin January 4, 2020 Trips

Severin Fortress is a set of historical monuments located on the territory of Drobeta Turnu Severin, Romania.[1] In the National Archaeological Repertory, the monument appears with the code 109782.07.01.